The Huge Portraits - A Short Story


It was a dark night, and I was lost in the forest. I had lost all hope of reaching back to the city that night.

So, I was just searching for some shelter to spend the night. After an hour of walking I saw a light from faraway.
 A ray of hope reaching my heart, I went closer to it.
That place seemed eerie, and something inside me tried to refrain from approaching closer. But I walked on, till I reached a lonely cabin in a dense part of the forest. The windows were lighted, yet no one seemed to be there.

I knocked and waited, but got no answer. I called out, but no answer. So, I tried the door and to my surprise, I found that it was open. I entered it and saw a single bed surrounded by large portraits.
My heart went into my mouth, for I saw scary creatures on those portraits.
Some of them had fangs, some red eyes. Consoling myself that they were only pictures, I laid down on the bed and tried to sleep.
Scared though I was, I was extremely tired so I was soon fast asleep.The next morning, I woke up and looked around. And I found that those were not portraits, only huge windows.

- By Krisha Jain

Comments

Popular Posts