The Adventures of Elly - 8 - The City of Bucktoothians: Part 2

King Chris listened patiently to Elly's story.
 
As soon it was finished, He said, "I'm very sorry for you, but what do you want from Rodentia?"
Elly hesitated for a while, and then said, "I had hoped that you would know where to find King Arthur, but it's clear to me now that you haven't even heard of him."
"I'm sorry that I couldn't be of help, but we could give a few days lodging for you and your friends." He said, eyeing the four suspiciously, "But be warned, if you try to do anything funny or harm the city in any way, I will make sure that you are punished." He added fiercely.
 
"Oh we assure you that we won't do anything – and thank you very much." Elly said quickly, making a deep bow.
He summoned a few servants, and said to them, "Take our guests to their rooms," Then he whispered
something in one of the servant's ear that neither of the foursome could here.

The servants took them to their respective rooms. They went through corridors and magnificent halls, a few of them adorned in precious stones.

Their rooms were in one of the decorated corridors, Elly secretly suspected that their rooms were the biggest in the palace. Elly bade goodbye to the others as she was led to her own separate room by one of the servants.

It was a nice big room with a cozy bed, it was also decorated nicely in fine gold laces. She had a new wardrobe full of sleek velvet clothes, like the ones she had when she was a princess. There were also a few nightdresses to sleep in, made out of sleek silk.

"It isn't very bad," thought Elly, after seeing the room thoroughly, "it's nice and spacious, unlike I imagined before. I'd like to live in here."

So she stretched out comfortably on the bed before changing into the nightdress the servants had provided.

She lay down on the comfortable bed, pondering about the future of her kingdom.
In a few minutes, she was fast asleep, dreaming pleasant things.

To be continued.

Comments

Popular Posts