The Adventures of Elly - 7 - The City of Bucktoothians: Part 1

In a few hours time , the foursome were exhausted.
"I wonder how long we'll have to continue this tiresome journey," Said Elly, feeling sorry for herself, "it's just a worthless effort."
"Oh come on cheer up! We'll find King Arthur." Jim said cheerfully.
"I'm not too sure of that." Said Colin, who was also feeling down.
"What's that?" Tim pointed suddenly.
"It looks like a sign." Colin answered.
Colin went closer, and read: THE CITY OF BUCKTOOTHIANS. INTRUDERS, STAY AWAY!
"What are Bucktoothians?" Came a voice from behind him which Colin recognized as Elly's, "Dunno, must be some type of weird people." Colin answered.
"Shall we see what they are then?" Tim asked.
"No no, they may be be dangerous." Elly said.
"They might have captured King Arthur." Tim argued.
"But still, it may be dangerous." Elly argued back.
"Oh come on! There's no danger in having a look!"
Finally, Elly reluctantly agreed.
As they went closer to that place, it seemed that they were not in the forest area anymore.
The grass was trimmed and there were many decorations around that area.
 They soon neared a huge city.
The city was protected by a tall fort.
Elly neared it, and asked the others, "Should we knock on the gates?." She asked timidly, seeing the closed gates.
"I don't know, try it though." Colin answered.
Elly gained courage and knocked on the gates.
On the third knock, a small window opened, and a Cottontail Rabbit popped out from the window.
The rabbit asked them in a half afraid and half stern voice, "Who are you and what business do you have here?"
Elly was the only who answered, "I am the Princess of Catville, our country was defeated by the new cruel King Robert of Dogville, we are looking for the previous king of Dogville." She said, with as much dignity as she could muster.
"So, you're a cat, are you?" Whispered the rabbit, apparently afraid.
"Yes, I suppose that's what I am." Said Elly, still speaking in a haughty voice.
"We don't allow cats and foxes in our kingdom, because they are the enemy of our race." Said the rabbit looking around at the foursome with apparent fear.
"What is this city's name?" Colin asked.
"Can't you tell from the board?" Said the rabbit as he pointed above his head, "In case you can't read, the board says: RODENTIA, THE CITY OF RODENTS."
"Oh, I didn't see that, but what are Bucktoothians?" Asked Elly.
"The citizens of this city are called Bucktoothians. Rodents are known for their sharp and long upper incisors, hence the name: Bucktoothians." The rabbit said this very slowly and elaborately.
"Thank you for the information, and what might be your good name, sire?"
"I am Michael, but you may call me Mickey, that's what everybody calls me." Said Mickey pleasantly, the fear of the foursome draining out of him.
"Thank you sire, thank you very much, but could we have permission to enter Rodentia?" Elly said in a smooth and sweet, oily voice.
"I'll have to ask the commander's consent." Said Mickey feeling more and more pleased by Elly's politeness.
He disappeared in a flash as the window closed.
After ten minutes, the gates opened and a big Gray Squirrel came outside, magnificently dressed in velvet clothing and walking side by side with Michael.
The squirrel introduced himself, "I am Nigel, the commander of Rodentia."
"Sire, we wanted permission to enter Rodentia. Can we have you consent, sir?"
"What business do you have here?" Asked the commander sternly.
"We just want to see this city, a bit of rest and food." Elly lied.
"I'm sorry, but we can't let strangers in our place." Said Nigel, jerking his funny tail in an odd way.
"Please sire, we promise we won't do anything." Elly said politely to the small squirrel.
"All right, I'll take you to King Chris, he'll decide what do." Said the commander, jerking his tail even harder.
The gates swung forward to allow them entry.
And lo! A magnificent city emerged.
As they were on their way to the palace, they noticed that everything seemed small.
The buildings and houses were just a few meters tall.
Even the trees were comparatively small.

The people of Rodentia ran away at the sight of the foursome.
Soon, they reached the palace.
They were presented in front of the king who was a Prairie Dog
"I've heard that you wanted to see this city. Tell me why you have come here, and I'll see what to do with you." Said the king, magnificently dressed and addressing them in a grand voice.
And so, Elly began to tell the whole story starting from King Arthur's disappearance.

Comments

Popular Posts