The Adventures of Elly - 5 - The Great Escape: Part 1

The next day, Elly was extremely worried.
She had no idea about how she could escape the palace.
She had thought that it would be easy at first, but now she just couldn't understand what to do.
It was 3:00 in the morning, but Elly was wide awake.
She was standing in the royal gardens with a grumbling stomach, because the royal cook had given her punishment for spoiling a dish.
She just stood there, thinking what to do.
She couldn't just walk away from the gardens, there were too many fierce looking wolf guards around there.
It was lucky for Elly that Colin had watched her the whole night hidden in a bush.
As soon as he was sure that the guards were dozing, he jumped out of the bush and landed straight in front of Elly.
"Who are you" she whispered in fright because she couldn't see anything in the dark.
"Don't be afraid princess, I'm Colin"
"Oh Colin, " She said so loudly, that Colin had to shush her, "sorry, but what are you doing here?"
"I thought that you might not be able to get out of the castle."
"Well, that's a good thing you did, I just can't figure out how to get out of this place."
"What are you doing in the gardens, I don't think you sleep here."
"I'll tell you all that later. First, we must escape."
"Yeah we'd better hurry up."
"Wait a second, where are Jim and Tim?"
"They are waiting for you at The Howling Street just as we planned."
"This early?"
"We thought it'd be better if we were early, lots of time to put our plan in action."
"What time is it?"
Colin looked at his watch and said, "I can't see very well, but I think it's about 4:00 in the morning."
"Only two hours time, we'd better hurry, The Howling Street is quite far from here."
"Yeah you're right"
And they hurried across the gates of the gardens.
Colin almost woke up a guard when he tripped on a stone, but other than that, the escape went without any dangerous events.

Comments

Popular Posts