The Adventures of Elly - 4 - The Plan: Part 2

The next day Elly went to Colin's house again at 5:00 PM.
As soon as Elly was seated, they started discussing the plan for escape.
"I think we should do it at the night time tomorrow." Colin said thoughtfully.
"Yeah, we won't be seen like that." Said Tim
"But where will we be as we launch the missile?" Elly asked.
"I thing we should be at The Howling Street, it's only a hundred meters or so from the Royal Granary." Colin said.
"No, we wouldn't get a clear view of the Royal Granary." Elly said gravely.
Colin smiled and said proudly, "Oh don't worry about that. My invention also has a built in camera."
"Really?" Elly asked excitedly.
"Yeah, you can see it even though it's quite tiny" Colin said as he showed what looked like a small black circle protruding out of which looked half like a rocket and half like a firework.
"This is amazing, only a genius could make such a thing like that!" Elly exclaimed admiringly.
Colin blushed deep red and didn't answer.
"Let's get back to the topic, shall we?" Jim asked irritably.
"Yes yes," Elly said hastily, "we will get back, but the question is, how will we launch the missile?"
There was silence for a few moments as everybody pondered over the plan.
Finally, Elly broke the silence, "I think daytime would be better." Everybody looked at her as though she had gone mad.
"What do you mean by that?" Colin asked her incredulously.
"Oh don't you get it?" She said, "If we launch the missile at night time we won't be able to see where it's going."
"Are you mad?" Colin said furiously forgetting how embarrassed he was before, "We would be seen in the daytime! And as I already said, my invention has a great camera."
 "It's night time! The camera won't be able capture anything because it's so dark!" Elly exclaimed disbelievingly.
There was a big pause.
"Oh, I guess we didn't think of that," Colin said feeling a bit embarrassed again, "but I think you're right."
"Well I reckon you should at least think before you open your mouth." Elly said heatedly.
"Oh I'm sorry, " Colin said, a deep blush coming on his face, "I didn't mean to say that."
"It's okay," She said, feeling less angry, "but let's get back to the topic. We should make sure that nobody is watching us. So, we should put our plan in action at dawn when there is light enough and there aren't many people on the street."
With such a sudden change of topic, it took a few moments before the words could sink in.
After a big pause, Tim said, "That's true, we don't want to be spotted by anyone as we are launching the missile."
Everybody nodded in agreement, when Colin stood up and spoke, "Well that's settled then, we will meet at dawn at The Howling Street." Then he added to Elly in a whisper, "Please make sure that you do come Princess, I know that they give you a hard time at the palace, but this could mean a lot to both the kingdoms. And also I'm really sorry about my rudeness." He said the last sentence making an apologetic face.
Elly said nothing but smiled at Colin and went back to the palace, feeling considerably happier.

To be continued.

Comments

Popular Posts