The way I learned English

My English Language learning journey started when I was two and a half years old.
My brother made an app to teach me the English alphabet, My brother is an app developer 
Within 4 days I could read three letter words from memory. That was the beginning of my educational journey.

When I was five years old, my father introduced me to many English cartoons.
I used to watch them the regularly and daily. My parents encouraged me and participated in my learning by watching cartoons together.
My mother used tell me bedtime stories in English quite often.
The Lion and the Mouse was my favorite story, and the way my mother used to narrate it made even more interesting. My mother narrated The Lion and the Mouse in many different versions, a new everyday.

I used to watch these cartoons regularly, and these cartoons were very helpful in giving me a good grasp of the language.
Most of these cartoons are available on You Tube.

My family is very supportive in my pursuit of education. My brother used to narrate stories from the books he had read. That encouraged me to start reading.
I was introduced to Loyal books. It is a great site with over 7,000 books.
By the time I was ten, I had read huge novels, like the Harry Potter series, all of the OZ books and many others in Loyal Books.
I have also started writing my own stories.
Here is a link to the story I am writing.

Comments

Popular Posts